Adam loves to keep the names of our babies a secret until
they are born, but with these twins he has felt different. After the first
ultrasound, he told me that he thought we should pick out names quickly so that
we could pray and refer to our babies with a name rather than Baby A or Baby B.
That first day, after he had gone back to work he called me and asked,
"How about Sydney and Sarah?" These names immediately felt right and
for me these were the names from that point on. We of course had to have fun
and go down the alphabet to see if there were any other two names that would
fit, but Sydney and Sarah won.
My dad served his mission in Sydney Australia and has always
mentioned to all of us children that he would love a granddaughter named
Sydney. With 5 girls, this is as close as I can come to naming someone after my
Dad.
Sarah is after Sarah Priscilla Leavitt, Jacob Hamblin's
wife, and also Sarah Denton Moulten, a pioneer ancestor on the Garlick side of
the family.
Before we found out we were having twins, Adam told me we
should think of girls names in case it was a girl. As I started thinking, all I
kept thinking about was that I would love to name my daughter after my Grandma
Simmons. In the same thought, I had just finished reading Grandma Bangerter's
book and felt a strong desire to name my daughter after her. This also seemed
very neat since we are living in her house. Whenever I thought about it, I
could not decide between the two; I wanted both of them! I finally decided not
to worry about it until after the ultrasound because I thought, "If we
find out we are having a boy, then that is an easy solution to my
problem." When we found out that we were having twin girls, I immediately
knew there middle names.
(Baby A is Sydney Louise Bangerter)
(Baby B is Sarah Geraldine Bangerter)
I learned from Dr. Lawrence that the age of viability, or in
other words the age when our babies could be born and have a good chance of
living is 28 weeks. She said that you might think to baby yourself at the end
of your pregnancy, but the next three weeks I need to baby myself.
This was good for me to hear. Not, that I am worried about
them coming that early, but this pregnancy has been different altogether. I
never remember having Braxton hicks with the other girls, but I have them with
this pregnancy. I do not remember
feeling pressure this early on with the other pregnancies, so for her to tell
me to baby myself is helpful to really take the cues my body gives me seriously.
(I love this picture because it shows how squished they are; it is Sydney's foot and Sarah's head)
The ultrasound was informative because the doctor that I saw
still cannot decide if the girls are identical and sharing one placenta or not.
We have seen three different doctors for these ultrasounds and they all have a
little different opinions. There is a thick membrane between Sydney and Sarah which would indicate
that they have different placentas. Placentas can grow together, but they usually
form a peak in the middle; the doctor could not find a peak. She thinks that we
should still treat me as if they are identical. She informed me that they do
not let identical twins go past 37 weeks ( I am 37 weeks on Christmas Eve). She
also said the national average for twins is that 60% are born by 36 weeks, but with
the IHC records, their records show that 90% of their twin patients are born by
36 weeks. Wow, that is close! There is a lot going on between now and then. I
am trying to take one day at a time.
(Sarah kept putting her hand in this way and then I thought it was cute that it was right in front of her face.)
Some of the highlights of last week was the girls going
fishing with Grandpa. This month the girls are learning about Fish, and I asked
Grandpa Bangerter to teach the girls about a fishing pole; he suggested that he
take them fishing. They had a blast, and I think Grandpa did too.
(Page was happy until it was time for the picture!)
(Grandpa and his fishing buddy Alina.)
(The girls loved watching the fish try to bite the bait. It was very entertaining.)
(This was our view as we drove to the park to go fishing. Beautiful!)
(I was so close to the rainbow that it was hard to get it all in.)
For months now we have known that we have needed to kill
three roosters, and Dad Bangerter had a lot of hens that he need to kill as
well. We have been planning on doing it the old fashioned way, but someone in
Dad's ward had the whole set up that made it very easy and efficient. I have
always wanted to learn how to do this process, so I really enjoyed it. In fact,
Mom Bangerter offered to take the girls to home to put them to bed so that I
could finish the process. I had a lot of fun and have felt a sense of
accomplishment and self reliant as I look in my freezer and see our frozen
chickens that will help provide food for my family this winter.
(Adam and the wonderful machine that takes all the feathers off the chickens in 30 seconds. )
(Alina, our farm girl)
One of the fun things about being back in Utah is how many
cousins that my girls get to play with. If they are not playing with one of
their first cousins then they are playing with their second cousins. They even
recognize that it seems like everyone is their cousin. This weekend Adam's
cousin Spencer and Anna and their family were in town and the girls had a blast
playing with them.
(The girls had a blast at our BYU tailgate party with their cousins.)
(My girls can never get enough dress ups)
It was great to end the week with General Conference and
listening to a prophet of God and the 12 Apostles. It was fun to watch how
excited the girls were to see President Monson and the apostles on the t.v.,
and they did amazing at listening and paying attention.




No comments:
Post a Comment