Friday, October 17, 2014


Last week we drove up to see Great Grandma Simmons and had a wonderful visit with her. She is an amazing woman and I am so glad that I get to name one of my daughters after her. I am glad that we live close enough for my girls to visit and know their great grandparents; what a blessing!


 Homeschooling has been hard in the fact that even with a curriculum, I have more prep than I thought there would be, but at the same time, it has been so fun and rewarding! I do reading and math with Alina everyday and then we have a different subject that we cover every day of the week.  We are learning the history of America one day, the geography of Utah one day, Art another day, Home Ec/ A value another day and zoology another day. When we were traveling up to my Grandma Simmons house, we were finishing our unit on the American Flag and we learned the pledge of Allegiance. As we were learning the pledge of Allegiance and counting the flags out our windows, I had one of those moments where I was glad that I am homeschooling. What this experience has taught me is the desire to establish a house of learning in our home. I want to always have a curriculum of my own planned out that I am intentionally teaching them at home on top of school. I know this will be challenging at times, but definitely worth it!



After camping this summer, the girls wanted to know when we were going again. We promised them that we would go again before it got cold. We realized a couple of weeks ago that we needed to act on our promise. We planned a quick overnight camping trip up American Fork canyon. It was the perfect night to go camping and the perfect camping trip. It made me want to do it again. It was a beautiful fall weekend with the mountains covered in golden yellow, orange and red leaves!! I have missed the mountains especially in the fall.

(Mt. Timpanogos)

(It was fun to be at the top of the mountains with the beautiful Aspens)


We pulled into our camping spot just before dusk and while Adam worked on the tent, I got out dinner. Then afterwards, Adam built a fire, we had our treat around the fire and then we all got cozy in our tent and went to bed. We enjoyed a beautiful morning waiting for the sun to rise over the mountains, took a little hike, and then came home. We need to do that more often! The crazy thing was to realize that next time we do that we will have two more girls with us and we definitely can't take our van as we barely fit all our camping gear in this time.  It is amazing how our life is about to change drastically! We are excited for the addition of Sydney and Sarah to our family in a couple of months!!
(The girls loved our sleeping bag that hooks together. When they all woke up they all climbed in with Adam and I. We barely fit. )

(The girls loved watching daddy build the fire)


(Page really enjoyed her hot chocolate for breakfast!)

(26 weeks)
(Daddy and his girls)

(Our family is starting to look small when I see us; what I mean by this is that when I look at our family I know it is missing Sydney and Sarah.)

(Have you seen anything cuter than this?)



No comments: