
Wow, it has been awhile since I last did a post, so hold on for the ride! When we were in Utah a couple of weeks ago I picked up a bushel and a half of peaches. In Albuquerque I have looked and looked for yellow peaches and have only found white. White peaches are o.k., but I didn't realize how much I love yellow peaches until I couldn't find them anywhere!

All growing up I helped my mom bottle our fruit and vegetables from our yard and garden. I didn't realize until this year, how much I love to this!! I feel so fulfilled inside when I see those jars lined up.
Some people might think that I am doing this for my food storage, but I have to admit that my motive is mostly selfish. I love the taste of fresh fruit and home bottled fruit and jams. I feel like a fruit snob, because the store bought substitutes just don't cut it for me. The food storage is a good and important part of it all, but I love how peaches taste out of a jar instead of a can! For those of you who care to know I bottled 26 jars, made 3 batches of jam, made one pie, saved peaches for later in the freezer and had plenty of peaches to enjoy. Yeah for Utah peaches!!

It is Chile season in Albuquerque!! Yum!

My friend Tara and I bought a 30 lb. bag of chiles, had them roasted, peeled them and put them in small bags to be put in the freezer for later use. It was a lot of fun!

Our trip to Utah was a blast and packed full of activities. By the time we got home to Albuquerque my body was worn out and I came down with a bad cold; it was worth it though! Alina loved playing with her cousins on both sides. It was fun to see these two together before Abby moved far away. They are best friends.

Alina loves my niece Cassidy, and wanted to be near her at all times.

Grandpa Bangerter and Alina having a blast on the tramp. Alina loved playing on the tramp and talks about it all the time

Together once again! It was great to have Andrew and Lauren back and hear all the great experiences from their missions. We missed them and are excited to have them back.

It was so much fun to introduce Alina to my brother Taylor, and to see them bond while we were there. I love having my brother home and that I can call him up and talk to him whenever I want. It was so good to see him and spend time with him.

Alina ran up to Andrew in this picture which was really fun to see since Alina had only seen him a couple of times before that. Andrew has always been one of Adam's good buddies, so it was good to have him back.

It was fun to catch up with Lauren. I have been blessed with great sister-in-laws and I love to talk to them. Welcome home Lauren!

My sister has a way with all children. All of my nieces and nephews love her and she is able to connect with them all. Alina loves her Aunt Aubrey! It was so good to spend time with my sister. When we found out that we were having a girl I was so happy because I have loved having a sister and I hope that Alina and this new baby will be able to have the relationship that my sister and I have. Love you Aubs!

My mom flew up with Taylor to help him get situated with School. It was so great to see her! Adam and I drove past my parents old house and that was weird to see someone's cars and belongings out front that were not my parents. It finally hit me that yes my parents really did move.

Cousin bath time. It looks pretty squished to me, but they all seemed to enjoy it.

My family was finally together for the first time in four years. It felt so good to have all of us together. Thanks to Dave and Jess who drove up from Phoenix for two days so it all could happen.

I got kind of teary eyed when I said goodbye to my family. My family is starting a new phase and I am not quite used to it yet. It was hard to say goodbye to some of my family members and not know when I am going to see them next. Up to this point I have always had a next time to look forward to. Our family has stayed relatively the same for many years, and now we are all getting older and moving away. I especially got sad when I said goodbye to my dad. I only had two days with him and next time I see him my baby will be probably 4 months old. Thank goodness for technology and although we are all far apart we can talk and see each other often. I love you family!

We went to go check out the field a couple of days before the game, and Alina was adorable. She wanted to watch football. I told her that they weren't playing today and she said, "But I want to watch football now" in her really cute voice. Alina loves to watch football, basketball, volleyball and anything else her daddy watches on t.v. Adam loves it!

We went up the mountain for dinner one night in August and Alina loved being outside and roasting hot dogs and smores.

Alina loves to get into her dresser and put on her as many socks, hats, headbands and anything else she can find. It keeps her occupied for a long time which is great!

At the beginning of August Adam did his first Sprint Triathlon. There were two other ladies from our ward who competed as well. Alina and I had a blast watching and cheering as Adam swam, biked and ran. We want to do it together next year. Good job Adam!
4 comments:
I love Alina's smile in all these pictures! So cute! By the way, I think you are AMAZING for doing all that canning! Where do you find the space to put it all?!
WOW I love all the stuff you canned! You rock girly! Love all the cute pics!
You have been busy! I love the peaches shot. I adore the picture of you and your dad. I have been dying to see your growing belly bump. About how far are you now, 28 or 29 weeks? I hope you are still feeling great!
Great pictures. Love Alina's happy smile. I had fun reading and catching up on some of the things you have been doing.I was able to can peaches with Fern. i'm so glad for them but I sure missed doing it with mom. I'm glad Alina will have a sister to grow up with. They will be great friends. I love you!
Post a Comment