Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta

On Saturday we went to the Balloon Fiesta; I love this event. It is a two week event and it is so much fun!

For the past two weeks we have enjoyed seeing hot air balloons every morning in the sky. We live close to the Temple so Alina and I have been walking there to see them. She loves it and so do I!

One morning I counted 130 balloons in the air at once, and that is not all of them that went off that morning for sure.

Growing up my Dad would always take us to the Provo 4th of July celebration where they send off about 25-30 balloons. I always thought was cool, but that doesn't even compare to the International Baloon Fiesta here. People from all over the world come to this Fiesta. The air currents in Albuquerque are perfect for hot air ballooning.

After Alina got over being cold, she loved being at the park and seeing all of the balloons. The rest of the day she talked about the cow balloon, the pig balloon and the wagon balloon. It was fun to see her enjoyment of the event as well.

We have some friends that live nearby the park, so we parked near their house and walked to the park. Adam had borrowed a bike trailer and was very excited to bike to the park. Alina loved the bike trailer the two days before, but she wailed when we tried to get her in it at 6:00 a.m. in the cold.

I love this time of year, and it makes it even more enjoyable to have a big event to go to.

This quilt is for the new little baby and the one below is for Alina. I loved how they turned out. Quilts always take longer than you expect, but they are very satisfying when you are done. Now on to the next project before this baby comes

6 comments:

Lauren@ "Happiness is..." said...

Sheesh! I just LOVE your quilts! LOVE LOVE LOVE!!

Jake, Megan, Ryder, Emma and Tessa said...

Wow! You are so awesome, those quilts are amazing! I am so excited for you to have another, Alina is so cute! when are you due again, I think about the same time as me. fun!

Kassi said...

What a fun event! I also love your quilts. I love the colors you choose they turned out SOOOO cute! You are looking very cute yourself. You look great the only way you know you are pregnant is that little round belly. So cute!

Mike and Kim said...

Yeah! So glad we are blogging buddies and we had so much fun with you guys at Balloon Fiesta!

Andrea said...

Sounds fun. I'm really sad we couldn't come visit and see the balloons--maybe next year. miss you guys.

Theresa said...

I want to be blog friends so I figured I would comment instead of lurk :) I love your quilt! We should have a jewelry/quilting/canning party!