Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Utah Trip

After the initial packing my parents up I spent the next week and half visiting with family. It was a lot of fun to see and spend some time with family. I have forgotten how crazy Utah weather can be. The day before this picture was taken we woke up to snow falling and it snowed a couple of inches. The day the picture was taken was beautiful and warm which was perfect because we went and watched Steven's dance festival. He did great!
This is the bonfire that Grandma Garlick built with all the sticks that we helped her collect from her yard. It made it feel like summer, which was really fun.

While I was in Utah I was able to see some of my good friends from growing up. Now before I go any further, I am sorry for all of my friends out there that I did not see. I love you all, but even though it was a long trip, it still was a crazy one. I love you all!For those of you that I did see it was a lot of fun and I am glad it all worked out.I love talking and it is fun to do it in person and not just over the phone. It was great to see and hear about my friend's lives.

Steven and the "two girls". These cute girls are only 3 months apart and they love to be together. Whenever we stay at the Bangerter's Alina wakes up crying to see Abby. It is going to be fun to watch them grow up together!

We had a BBQ at my uncle's house for my parents. I loved seeing some of my extended family. This is some of the second cousins playing on the tramp. Alina was in heaven with 1. all the kids and 2. the tramp which she had never experienced before this trip.
The first week of my trip I spent with my parents packing them up, the second week I stayed at my sister's house and the last week I spent at the Bangerter's. I was able to spend time with all of my nieces and nephews. It was wonderful!

Alina loved playing with her cousin Eliza. My mother-in-law and Claire helped out a lot by watching Alina so I could help my mom. Alina loves babies, but we will have to work on how she treats them. She loved to pull our Eliza's pacifier just so she could try to shove it back in her mouth. Claire also said that at one point she turned around and Alina had put six goldfish crackers into Eliza's mouth! Oh dear! Thankfully Eliza was o.k. and we will have to teach Alina to be more careful.

Alina and some of her cousins
Thankfully I was able to in Utah for Seth's graduation. It was so much fun. I have loved watching Seth grow from a little teenager to a man. I have always had to compete with Seth to sit next to Adam, to walk next to Adam, to eat next to Adam and to spend time with Adam. Seth loves his brother and I love it! Over the last couple of years it has been neat for me to watch him as he has developed his many talents. He is one of the most kind hearted, hard working, fun loving person I have ever met. Adam and I are so proud of him for his hard work and know that he will go far. Congratulations Seth!

Alina loves her uncles and loves for them to give her attention. It was fun to spend time with Adam's side of the family as well as mine. I spent the last 5 days of my trip at their house and it was a blast as always!

We went to Brick Oven for dinner before the dinner and Alina was given this huge sucker. She has hardly had any candy so far in her life, so I couldn't take it away from her. She was so fun to watch it with.


Here are some of the boys as we waited to get into the Marriot Center. It was good to see so much family all in one trip!

No comments: