Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Highlights of 2010

Wow I can't believe it is already 2010! Where has time gone? Here are some Highlights from January already. We went to a New Mexico Lobo Basketball in "The Pit." Any really big sport fans out there will know about it. It was really loud, but very fun. (I think was actually at the end of December, but it I had to put it in anyways)

Adam had his birthday! I love this man so much, and I am grateful everyday that I get to live my life with him. I love you Adam! I fixed Adam one of his favorite meals and then we enjoyed a relaxing evening as a family. It was wonderful. We found out that day that our new niece Eliza Jayne was born the night before. She is adorable and we can't wait to meet her. We were able to Skype that night and see her; we love technology!

One night I decided we needed to have some family fun, so we decided to make Play dough. It was fun to do an actual activity with Alina and have her like it.

The Apron Alina is wearing was a Christmas present from her Aunt. It looks so cute on her and makes her look so grown up. Thanks so much Claire!

Alina is a great helper and wants to be doing whatever I am doing. I hope I can encourage that desire to help others as she continues to grow!

This is how I found Alina one morning when I went to get her out of her crib. I could not resist running and getting the camera. Alina loves zippers, but this was the first time that I had seen her really successfully unzip the zipper on her clothes.

Yesterday and today have been in the 50's. It is great. We could not resist going to the park when it is that warm in January. Alina was almost giddy as I got her out of her stroller; she loves being outside and it has been hard on her to stay inside most of the day.

This morning I was trying to get ready. Alina usually plays in the bathroom as I do this, but lately she has been wandering off to the pantry and getting into things. Usually she come back into the bathroom with the bag of Rice Chex with a big smile on her face, but today it was Lays. I am not quite sure how she reached them, but she sure was enjoying them. She walked into the bathroom with her arm completely inside the bag and then pulled out a handful of chips and stuffed them inside her mouth. I was trying to get the bag away from her and I had to snap a picture.
After lunch today I gave Alina a Graham cracker with frosting on it. She loved it as you can tell by this picture. Her smile brings so much joy into our lives. I am so grateful for our little Alina! If 2010 is as good as the last couple of weeks have been then I am very excited to see what this year has in store for us!


Wow I can't believe that is 2010 already!

7 comments:

Kristy said...

Linds there is a picture on here that makes Alina look so much like you. All this time I thought she was Adam's look a like, but she looks just like a picture I have of you.

She is adorable! Love you guys.

Whitlie said...

Love it Linds! Alina is so cute, I swear she looks older (and has even more hair) than when we saw her just a couple weeks ago. Hey, thanks for the birthday card! I'm sure happy I get to share a birthday with a great guy like Adam. Love you guys!

Aubs said...

Love the darling pictures of Alina. I loved all her huge happy smiles. I had to go get Cam & show him. She is the cutest thing ever! I miss you guys. Keep having fun & being a great mom.

Tanya said...

Love the updates! I love the technology also...we love to Skype with Adrian and Kendra. What is your address? Alina is adorable, love her little toofies and she does look like you Lindsey. Happy New Year and keep up the great photos!

Kassi said...

It is so fun to get to see some updated pictures of you cute family! Alina really is a good mix of both you and Adam. In some pictures she looks just like Adam and in some she looks just like you. Either way she is so darn cute!

Jessica said...

She is a cute and very happy little girl, just like her parents. I'm glad you guys are doing well. Maybe one day we will actually be able to talk on the phone;)

Amy said...

You guys are seriously the cutest, love your littlr girl, she is absolutely just precious! Hope your holidays were good!