Thursday, August 27, 2009
Alina Update
About two weeks ago we found out that Alina can climb stairs. We don't have stairs in our apartment, so this was a surprise to us. One evening we took her to the park so she could practice and play on the slide. This was the first time that we let her go down the slide by herself. She loved it!
In the past week Alina has started to stand by herself. I have not caught it on video or on the camera because it isn't very long, and it always catches me off guard. I will look up and there she is standing. The first time I saw her do this I felt shocked. I didn't feel like she was to that point yet so it was a fun surprise.
Yesterday, Alina cut her first tooth!! I have been waiting and waiting for it to come. Adam and I have been wondering what she will look like with teeth. I know that she is perfectly normal not to get her first tooth until now, but I have to admit there was a small part of me that was afraid that Alina wouldn't have any teeth and would need a full set of dentures. She has been a little extra fussy the last couple of days, but I think overall she she is handling teething very well so far. She had a hard time going to bed last night, but she did fine once she fell asleep. She is adorable and I will never get tired of looking up and seeing her huge grin on her face. I love being a mom!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
wow she is SO CUTE! I love her sweet little face!! It took my kids forever to get teeth, too! it's great because they'll have less time to get cavities!! =) she is darling!
I love being able to see your family, and getting to see a little bit of what is going on! Your little Alina is adorable!
Post a Comment