Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Catching Up

Alina loves to be to explore in the pantry and to play with magnets on the fridge. She is getting so big. I love this picture!

This is the Sandia mountain that I have learned to love. Sandia means "watermelon" because when the light hits the mountain at sunset the rock often looks pink and the trees and provide the green. I am grateful to live right up close to this mountain because it makes me feel more at home.

Over Labor Day weekend Adam's family came down for a quick visit. We took them up to the top of Sania and the boys hiked down. It was so much fun to have them here. We all squished into our apartment and had a great time.

Sunday evening we drove to the temple (just up the street from us) and took a stroll around it. I love how every temple is beautiful in their own unique way!

After the boys hiked down the mountain on Labor day they cooled off in the pool and played their favorite game--frisbee. It was fun to see family that weekend, and we are so glad they came down. Even though our families sometimes seem far away it is very nice to know that they are only a day's drive away!

7 comments:

Jake, Megan, Ryder, Emma and Tessa said...

Lindsey! Alina is sooo cute! i love her pretty blue eyes!! I am so glad you got to have a fun visit with your family!

Mary said...

Oh my gosh she is getting so big!

Kristy said...

Alina is getting big! She is so adorable. Thanks for the update!

You will have to get a picture of Watermelon Mountain!

Kassi said...

I love that top picture too. Alina is a good mix of both of you. I do see a lot of Adam in her but I can see you too! I am glad that you have been able to see your families so often since you have moved!

Amy said...

Seriously Alina is the spitten image of her darling darling mom, she's beautiful! Love the pics Linds!

Aubs said...

I love the top picture of Alina. She is so stinking cute. I can't wait to see you guys this week! Cade is crawling so they can have run roaming around. I also can't believe how big Adam's brothers are looking.They aren't little boys anymore..well Steven still is. I'm glad you had fun with Adam's family. I love you!

Jason and Kimber said...

Hey Linds-- I was just checking up on you guys and whats going on in life. Alina is so cute! I love her cute little head (that is probably a weird comment). She looks petite. I noticed you came to AZ and a brother is going to PA school. We are living in AZ right now for PA school. What school is he going to? Comment on my blog or email me k_shoell_8@hotmail.com