Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Trip to Utah

Alina played with her Bangerter cousin &
found out she gets one more cousin on that side in January!
Congratulations Claire!
Adam was able to get his fill of horses; oh how he misses them!
Alina with Grandpa and Grandma Bangerter.
It was so fun to see them!


Dallin & Whitlie with all their nieces and nephew.
What an adorable group!

Alina Shirley & Grandma Kauffman (who she is named after)

Grandpa Kauffman- oh how we love him!
Alina & the Hill clan

My brother Dallin got married on June 26th. Alina and I flew up a week before to spend time with family. It was so fun to be there, and to be with family. I guarded my time and spent most of it with family (I'm sorry to those who I wished I could have seen, but did not). It was great! Alina loves her cousins and her grandparents.

Adam had some truck problems as he was driving up, and had to spend the night in Cortez, Colorado. We were blessed, and Heavenly Father heard our prayers. Adam went to the Ford dealership early Thursday morning and they were able to work on it right away. The best part was that the problem fit under some customer warranty, and we did not have to pay a thing!!! Heavenly Father is very aware of us, and our situation. We are so grateful!

The wedding was great. It rained while we were in the temple, cleared up for pictures and the luncheon, and most of the reception. With about an hour left of the reception, it downpoured. I actually missed it because I was inside feeding Alina. I was told it was quite a sight to see everyone trying to run inside for cover. It was crowded inside the house, but we all made it work. We are very excited to have Whitlie be apart of our family; she fits in perfectly and I am glad I can now call her my sister.

After the wedding we spent the weekend with Adam's family. We packed as many fun activities that we could into the two short days that we had. Claire announced that she is expecting and due in January. We are so excited for her, and it will be fun to have more cousins for Alina to play with. Overall, it was a great trip, and we look forward to many more fun trips back to Utah to see family. We love you family, and miss you!

4 comments:

Amy said...

Seriously I am sick that we missed Dallin's wedding!! Just at church on Sunday Jake said, "hey when's Dallin's wedding?" And I was SICK knowing we had missed it! PLEASE tell him that we really had planned on going, I feel so so bad.

How fun that you were able to hang out with fam, I LOVE the pics of you mom and dad with Alina, they are such precious people. Love all the pics!

McBrides said...

Oh my goodness I can't even believe Dallin is married!! How crazy! That's so great that you guys got to come up and spend so much fun time with family! And Alina is just as cute as can be!

Jill said...

it was so good to see for a little bit...I'm so glad our little vacations collided! Alina is such a little doll, I kept raving to scott about how darling and petite she was.

Hopefully we will be in town again together soon!

Aubs said...

Love the pictures of mom & dad with Alina. We miss you guys. It was SO dang nice to spend time with you & Alina while you were up here. We loved it! No we are having Bangerter withdrawls.
Have a fun week in NM. I love you!