Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Four Wonderful years of marriage

To Adam who I love so much!

4 Years ago today. . .

I married my best friend, oh what happiness! Four wonderful years have flown by, and I am as happy as ever. My heart has been overflowing lately with gratitude for Adam my amazing husband. I love everything about him. He is the best husband; I really do think that. I have thought a lot about how he is perfect for me. He knows how to comfort me, he listens to me when I need to talk, and he knows exactly what to say to me to get me to laugh and see the bright side of things. He has a great heart and he truly tries to please heavenly father in everything he does. He is an example to me in how he lives his life, and I feel very blessed to be his wife.
He is a fantastic father to Alina. He is very patient with her, and he misses her so much while he is at work. Alina loves her daddy, and is very blessed to have such a wonderful father. I love you so much Adam!! Thank you for making the last four years the best four years of my life.

Here are some fun memories from the last four years of marriage:
  • Having the spaghetti noodles fall down the drain on our very first dinner home from our honeymoon.
  • Driving to and from BYU every morning and evening, oh the beautiful sunrises and sunsets we saw on the way!
  • Studying together on Campus; I will always cherish those times!
  • BYU football games-Go Cougars!Trying to cram all our cousins and friends into such a small space- always overdressing for the game-and trying to get as much food in our pockets smuggled into the games
  • All our adventures with Roonery breaking down-our midnight run to get gas comes to mind.
  • Living at 36 West 300 North-mice, bats, racoons, and squirrels- so many fun stories to tell for years to come
  • Sunday nights spent with family-the joys for having so much family close by there is not enough time to visit them all!
  • Oh could we couldn't forget the 5 times we went to the ER within the first two years of dating, hopefully we have had our turn.
  • Three years of decorating 18 foot Christmas trees which took us two weeks to decorate.
  • Soggy bread fights, and spider chases
  • Our Lamaze class where Adam had to pick a muscle to tighten and chose his nose. He repeatedly and proudly announced to the teacher "I picked my nose" without realizing what he was really saying!
  • November 12, 2008 when Alina Shirley was born. What a blessing to our family!
There are so many more memories I could share and so many more that are awaiting us in the future. Thank you so much Adam!


9 comments:

megs said...

I LOVE it! It still amazes me the smile it brings to my face when I realize that the two of you married each other. It was a match made in heaven and so obvious to have you apart of our family! Love you guys and congratulations!

Kristy said...

You two are awesome! I love you guys.

Too funny about picking your nose Adam. it made me smile.

Kendra H said...

Happy Anniversary. I can hardly believe it has been 4 years - life sure happens fast!

Ben and Kelli said...

Four years already?!! Congratulations, I'm so glad that you three really are so happy together!! I remember when you got engaged and you told me "the person you'll marry will be everything you wanted and everything you never knew you needed." I loved that advice and remember it still because you were so right. Happpy anniversary!

Mrs. Kingsford said...

I am honestly shocked that its been 4 years! Congratulations both of you. I love you so much! Seriously, EVERYONE should look into having your best friend marry your cousin. It's a great move! Thanks for always being so dang sweet. Loves!

Amy said...

You guys are so cute Linds, happy day to you both. I love the fun little memories you put, because the more the years go by, it's sad you kind of forget the little things like that. Keep making them okay.

Hey, I sat and visited with your dad the other day and honestly he is the most AMAZING man EVER!! I really appreciate him and your mom and their example to me and my little family.

Jon and Sarah Jackson Family said...

Congrats! We miss you guys!

Jonathan and Janessa said...

Haha, who knew that Adam picked his nose? That made me laugh.

Congrats on 4 years...I guess that means our 4 years anniversary is right around the corner. Time flies! I loved the memories you listed.

Aubs said...

Happy anniversary! I love you both! Hope you had a wonderful day. Can't wait to talk to you later Linds & hear how you are doing. We're back from our trip.