Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Catch Up- The Move


Adam and I have both grown up in Utah. Growing up I lived in the same house; Adam moved a couple of times, but always within the boundaries of American Fork. To move to Albuquerque seemed very exciting and a little scary to the both of us. When we were saying good bye to everyone it didn't really really hit me that we were leaving for a long time. Maybe it was all the packing, but I was ready to come to Albuquerque and set up our home here. Leaving was still hard. When we pulled out we had to wipe away a few tears and look forward to the future.

My parents helped us move down; we are very grateful to them! Thank you mom and dad. We could not have done it by ourselves. My parents drove the Penske and Adam and I drove our truck. We stayed the first night in Durango, CO. It was really nice to not try to do the long drive all in one day. Durango is beautiful, and we had really wanted to spend some time there.


We got there in the early evening, checked into our hotel, ate some dinner, and then enjoyed walking along the river that runs through the town. The next morning we woke up and drove the rest of the way. I had a good scare when we drove up to our apartments. We had picked these apartments because I thought I had seen the inside of them last summer, but as we pulled in I realized it was a nearby apartment complex that I had visited. I had never seen the apartment that we going to live!


It turns out that I had no reason to fear. Our apartment is perfect for us. The only downside is that it is on the third floor so hauling all the boxes and furniture was quite the process. My dad got sick on the way down to Albuquerque so I felt so bad to see him working so hard hauling everything up three flight of stairs while he was sick.

We thought Adam was supposed to start work the next Monday, but thank goodness he didn't start until Thursday. There was so much to be done with moving in. It took us a whole week to move in.

Adam's job is going well. He looks forward to managing the crews he is over and to help them improve. He is over 50-60 accounts that the company has. One account is one of the malls here in Albuquerque. The mall was very dissatisfied with the last landscape company that they had working for them, so they hired Heads UP to come in and improve things. It is a brand new account, and it will be all of Adam's. He will not be doing the actual maintence work there, but he is responsible that everything gets done, and that the customers are satsified with the work that is done.

Adam is working really hard. The summer is the company's busiest time; Adam leaves to go to work at 5:30 a.m. and he comes home around 6 p.m. He has long days, but we are thankful for a job in this hard economic time. I am so grateful to Adam and his hard work. He works so hard and then comes home and is very kind and caring to me. Sometimes I am amazed at how perfect he is for me!! These last almost four years of marriage have been absolutely wonderful!

Alina and I are enjoying our time here in Albuquerque. We go on walks to the park and play together in the apartment. We only have one car, so we are content to do things around the house.

Alina rolled over for the first time today!! She has been so close for so long, so it was really fun to finally see her do it. She is getting so big; it is so much fun to be her mother. I will write more about her in future posts. I wanted to catch everybody up on us, and now I will stay on top of the blog. My sister took these pictures of us before we left. Don't they look great? She does an amazing job. Thank you Aubrey!!

11 comments:

Jonathan and Janessa said...

Hooray! another post :) I'm glad the move went well and you are all settled in. Now I need to find a reason to come to Alb...um...New Mexico so I can come visit you. (I wasn't going to attempt to spell that) :)

Mary said...

I'm so glad to hear of everything going so well for your cute little family. I miss talking to you - it feels like forever since we've chatted! Every time I see pictures of Alina, I just think how she is the most adorable baby ever. I love her facial expressions! Please keep posting, I love hearing about what you guys are up to! :)

Mrs. Kingsford said...

I love the pictures Linds! I'm so glad that you guys got there safely. Sounds like you are staying pretty busy! I wish I could be there to keep you company! I'll have to make my way down there soon :) I sure love and miss you! Talk to you soon!

Caleb and Suzy said...

Yea!! You can join the long-distance bloggers now! Congrats on the move. You will surely have so many great experiences there. Caleb and I move to Washington State in November. We are thrilled that we will finally be within a days drive from family... Only 7 hours to Boise!
Love that darling Alina. Beautiful family.

-Love, Suzy

Jill said...

I'm so glad you all made it safe and sound to alberquerque!! I can't wait to see more of your cute family linds...keep those posts coming girl!

Amy said...

Oh Lindsey, what a crazy but special time for you guys. To be honest I always kind of wished we would have lived far away for just a little bit, so take advantage of having only each other and they dang cute baby of yours. She is perfect. What fun pics, loved the update, keep them coming okay.

Hey your dad is going to speak to our ward tomorrow for Enrichment and I CAN'T wait, he is seriously my very favoritist speaker ever, is that word? So good to see that things are good.

Jake, Megan, Ryder, Emma and Tessa said...

Hi Linds!! can I just say how DARLING Alina is??? She is GORGEOUS!! just like You! and your sis took AWESOME pictures!! woo-hoo! I am glad you are adjusting well out there! we miss you in young women's so much! it is crazy because now all your miamaids are laurels and they pretty much scare me =) just kidding, but i do miss you on tuesday night!! have fun out there with your beautiful fam!!

Kristy said...

I am glad you liked the place, but really sad it is so far away. Those pictures are so great of your family. I LOVE them! Keep us updated ok Lins! Yay for Alina rolling over. That is huge! Now you can't leave her on anything she could fall off of. Here comes the baby proofing!

We saw your parents at Todd's wedding. I love them so much. I am going to need to go see them still, even though you aren't living here anymore.

Kassi said...

I am with Janessa, Horray! I was hoping you would update because Alina is almost 6 months old now. We have been in Omaha for 4 months now and it still hasn't hit me that I can't just drive up to my parents house. I am glad you live in a safe place that you can go on walks. Congrats to you Husband on the job--he is already an asset!

Kendra H said...

The pictures are amazing. Moving away is hard, but I agree it can be exciting. Alina is such a cute little girl. It must be more fun this time around to have someone to entertain you and keep you company while Adam is working. It's true what they say; you'll never get this time again. Enjoy living in ALBQ and congratulations!

McBrides said...

Albuquerque! How is it? I've been wanting to call you for so long but I lost your cell number. I need to call your parents and get your number. But wow, I can't believe you guys moved! It sounds like things are going so great! First of all, I love the photos, so cute! Second, I cant believe Alina is getting so big! Don't they grow up so fast? It amazing. Well we're glad to hear that things are going so well for your family, and we hope you're enjoying the warm weather!