Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Gripe Water- A Life Saver!


The worst thing for a new mother is to have a crying baby that she can not calm down. For the first couple of weeks Alina did not have a lot of happy moments while she was awake. She was fussy and would scream a lot even during feeding time. That shows something is wrong. Who isn't happy while they are eating?


At first I was afraid that she was not getting enough milk or that she was sucking wrong. I had a lactation consultant from my ward come and relieve my fears on that one. The next thought I had was maybe she was sensitive to dairy products. I went off dairy for a couple of days, but that did not seem to help. It was emotional not knowing what to do for my baby who was obviously in pain. Finally I was sent to a friend who told me about Gripe Water. You can get it at GoodEarth and it is wonderful!!!


It has Ginger and Fennel in it which helps calm upset stomaches. It also says it is for babies that are teething. After I gave Alina the Gripewater she has been a much happier baby. I feel like her stomach pains have not been as intense. Yes, she still cries, but now she has periods of contentment while she is awake where she is happy. So, for all you mothers out there Gripe Water helps!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

What a cute little thing. I'm so glad she's feeling better. You must be a patient woman. It'll just keep getting better.

megs said...

I used gripe water with Ella and it did help a lot. Alina looks so much like Adam it makes me chuckle! Just like how Lucy looks like Alex--I love it when they resemble their fathers, Alex is always so proud!

Mary said...

She is so adorable!! We never used gripe water but Rachel would get upset sometimes because she would get gassy and constipated, and the miracle for us were glycerin suppositories. Just FYI. You have such a beautiful baby!!!

Kristy said...

Oh how sad Linds! I am so glad you were able to figure something out. She is so darn cute. I need to come by now that I'm not sick and hold her!

Amy said...

Oh I'm so glad that the gripe water has worked, woo hoo! She is absolutely adorable!

Kassi said...

I am sorry about that Linds. That had to be very hard on you! I am glad that she has some happy times. However, you are such a beautiful family. Thanks for the new pics!

Jill said...

I'm glad you found something that works for you...I know how frustrating it can be to have a fussy baby. She is gorgeous by the way!

Unknown said...

hey linds this is whitney (shore). I found your blog through kristy's. your little girl is so dang cute! dont you love being a mom! come visit my blog i would love to hear from you! jwhemi.blogspot.com

Emily said...

It's Emily from the temple in Albuquerque! Congratulations on the birth of Alina! She's gorgeous. I'm so happy for you. Sorry to hear that she's been a bit fussy but so glad that you've found something that is working. Remember, this too shall pass.

Kristy said...

Ahhh, I love looking at her, and everytime I do its like looking at a tiny female Adam! I wonder what age she will look like you Linds! It's funny how they go back and forth. Right now, Myles is looking like his daddy, but he looked like me when he was born. I LOVE IT!

A said...

Linds your baby is beautiful! I am so happy for you and your little family :)