I had a chance to sit and ponder while I was at the hospital of the wonderful man my Grandpa is. He was the only Grandpa I have every known (Grandpa Kauffman passed away when my dad was an infant). My Grandpa taught me a lot about life, but I feel like there were two important lessons that he taught me about. The first was the lesson of Hard work. He always had projects to do when we got to his house in Cache Valley and he expected the job to be done well. The second lesson that he taught me was the importance of the Temple. Every chance he could over the last 10 years he would testify of the importance of the temple and the blessings found there. Becuase he would testify of it frequently, it really penetrated my heart, and it strengthened my testimony of the importance of temples. Thank you Grandpa Simmons!!! You will always hold a special place in my heart, and my children will know of your name and the great man that you were and are!
5 comments:
Lindsey,
I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your grandfather. Please send our sympathies to your mother and father as well. It is hard to have a loved one leave, but it is wonderful to know of the plan of salvation and that really, life has just begun. You are wonderful. I hope that his funeral proves to be a day of celebration. It was great to talk to you on halloween. Sure love you guys.
Suzy
I'm sorry to hear about your grandfather. Your testimony of the plan of salvation is very sweet. Thanks for sharing it. I'm also so thankful for the knowledge we have in this gospel. The loss of a loved one is difficult, but it would be so much harder without the knowledge of Heavenly Father's plan. Perhaps your little girl will get to spend a little time with her great-grandfather before she comes to your family. Your bumpers look great! Good luck this next little bit. I can't wait to see her.
We love you Lindsey and are also amazed at the contrast of the beginning and ending of this life. How wonderful to know that there is so much more to come, both of this life and the next! We are sorry for your loss but also excited for your new little one!
Love ya Linds. I know how hard this must be for your family and I am sure Grandpa Simmons misses you just as much.
I am so greatful for our Heavenly Father's plan and for our savior so we can be with our loved ones again.
Thank you for that Lindsey - your testimony is touching. :)
Post a Comment