So, our small studio apartment has become quite crowded as we have found a glider, a crib, and a dresser while we have been in Albuquerque. We did not mean to buy all of these things here, but when you find a good deal, can you really pass it up?
Adam and I love Craigs list, and have enjoyed checking the website to see if anyone has put up things for sale that we need. People out here don't have as many of kids and they get rid of their baby things after one or two children. It has been a blessing to us to be able to find quality items for our baby on our small budget. We found the glider, crib, mattress, and dresser for the price that many people spend on a crib. Thankfully, Dad Bangerter has a big trailer that he is bringing down in August to help us move. If he did not have this big trailer, I am not quite sure what we would have done.
Adam and I put the crib together last night, and it made us sooo excited for November!! We both could not stop looking at it and smiling last night. Now, I can't wait to get home in August to set the crib up in the actual room our baby girl is going to sleep. How fun!! We put a blanket over the mattress and took pictures; here they are!
8 comments:
Way to go! I'm proud of your frugality:-) I agree that you can't pass up a good deal. I love Craigs List too! I bought our crib from an ad off there. It's amazing what deals come along when you are on a tight budget. And I know what you mean about looking at the crib and smiling. After I set ours up I kept gliding the drop rail up and down pretending there was a baby in there that I needed to get out:-) I can't wait to meet your little girl.
Linz it looks great! I'm glad you guys found such a great deal. Way to be a bargain shopper.
I have to admit though that you need a pink or purple blanket in the crib not the brown checkered one. You'll be able to envison a girl much better with pink. :)
Nice job, those look great! When we put Myles' first one up we were so excited we did it in the living room, only to find out we had to take it apart because it wouldn't fit through the door!!
What a good deal! That is a very cute crib! i love it! I am excited for you to move back too, are you still going to be in our ward???
Wow, those are some nice baby items. I love Craigslist too, but have never found anything that nice there. So exciting!
I think you will be glad that you got a dresser. We wanted to save and not get one, but i think you will be suprised with how quick it fills up. Linds i am so excited for you. You will be such a great mommy!
Craigs list is wonderful, definitely the way to go with baby stuff! I am so excited for you guys...your little sweetie will be here in no time!
What a great find. I am excited I found your blog I did not even know a new Bangerter was on the way. The primary misses you guys.
Post a Comment