Wednesday, September 24, 2014





We are back!!!! After a 2 ½ year break, I have decided to blog. Before, I blogged to try to keep family updated as we lived away. It was always one more thing to do, on top of my own journal and the journal that I keep for my girls. Because of this, it was always on the bottom of my list to do and therefore as life got busier it got left behind.

With two girls more girls on the way, I have realized that keeping a family record is important, so this time I am more dedicated and ready to be diligent at it. The last time I blogged for others, now I am blogging for my family and if others want to read it, enjoy!

8 Weeks ago, we went in for a quick ultrasound to find out the gender of our baby. We had not even told our family that we had an ultrasound that day, because we have never been offered a 16 week ultrasound and we thought it would be fun to surprise our family.
We walked in and the first image popped up of two ovals. I did not think much about it, but Adam thought something was different. The technician immediately turned to us and said, "Are you seeing what I am seeing? Those two ovals are two heads, you are having twins!" Wow, we were not expecting that news and the last six weeks have been spent trying to grasp what that will mean for us and our family.
We feel like new parents all over again because we feel that as much as we try to prepare, we really have no idea what it is like to have twins and we will just have to experience it ourselves when that time comes.
My due date is January 14th. We have learned that for twins full term is basically 38 weeks which is New Year's Eve. 50% of twins come by 36 weeks which is the week before Christmas.  I feel like Christmas is just around the corner so it seems crazy to think about being ready for two more little girls! We are all very excited for this adventure that is coming our way.

1 comment:

Mary said...

I'm so glad I stumbled on your blog and that you updated it! And you're having twin girls!! I'm so happy for you! I know we don't really keep in touch anymore, but I was totally thinking of you the other day and hoping you were doing well. :)