Wednesday, October 19, 2011

June 2011


Here I am over half way through October just sitting down to write about June. I knew this last summer was going to be a whirlwind, and it was. It was a fun one, but definitely a whirlwind of events, emotions, and changes. My brother Taylor got married in June. The girls and I were able to go up to Utah early and help with the last minute preparations. I love spending time with my family.


Taylor married Adam's cousin Kate. Oh, how fun is that?! Kate and I have always connected really well, and I always felt like she should be more than a cousin-in-law. We all held our breath as they dated, because we all wanted it to work out. We are so happy to welcome her into the Kauffman family


The wedding was beautiful and it was really neat to have all of my siblings in the temple all together. That was a first. It was a perfect day. They had their reception at the same place we did which is where they met for the first time:), so it was fun to think about our wedding day 6 years ago. Wow, time has sure flown by. It doesn't seem that long ago.


The Kauffman grandchildren. Aren't they so cute?


With Taylor getting married, our family is complete. I love my sisters! It was so fun growing up having one, and now to gain 4 more is even better!


The kids loved holding Kate's dress. They went about it with such concentration.


My four wonderful brothers; they are a good looking group. I miss spending time with them. I am so grateful for the great examples they are to me. I love them so much!


Cade, Alina and Kate- It was fun to watch these three and especially Alina and Kate. They only had the short weekend together, but they were in-separable. It is fun to watch the bond the comes with just being cousins, because they hardly get to see each other, but they loved every minute of it.




Every time we are in Utah Adam has to get his fill of horses at Grandma Bangerter's farm. He took Anna for her first ride.

Adam has worked really hard to get Alina on a horse every time we go to Utah. His hard work has paid off because now she looks forward to it and talks about it for a long time afterward.

Alina was proud to ride by herself this trip.


One morning while staying at Dallin and whitlie's house the sprinklers came on. Alina was so excited to see the sprinklers. Dallin, being the spontaneous man that he is, got us all to run through them. I think that was my first time running through sprinklers at 8:00 a.m. It was so fun to watch Alina make that memory. Thanks Dallin, Whitlie and Taylor!

Tractor ride with Grandpa and Lincoln. Alina and Grandpa became buddies this summer. She loves Grandpa Bangerter!

One night we were at Cam and Aub's house and we walked to a nearby park to have smores. I love summer nights in Utah. There is nothing like coming home to the where you grew up and spending time with family.


Anna and Great Grandma Simmons
One of my favorite things to do while I am in Utah is to see my Grandma. I am so glad that Anna could spend time with her too.


Steven is a great uncle to Anna. I love the look on both of their faces!


The girls and Great Grandpa and Grandma Garlick
We love to visit them and their goldfish in the backyard!


I loved being up in Utah as Taylor got ready to get married. It was fun to help him with last minute preparations. I am so excited for him and for Kate and look forward to the time I can spend with them in the future.

No comments: