Thursday, April 15, 2010

Recent Happenings in ABQ

Alina is getting big fast, and it is so much fun! It looks like she only has 5 teeth, but she has at least 4 more that have just broken through the skin. Alina doesn't seem to sweat when it comes to teething. It is great!

About 3 weeks ago I felt very confident that I could understand everything that came out of Alina's mouth, but now her vocabulary has exploded, but I don't have a dictionary for her jabber. It would be nice if I did, because sometimes I struggle to understand everything she is saying. She loves to talk, and it is fun to see her talking more and more.

Today was the first time I have ever heard Alina say "No". I was babysitting two other little girls in our ward and she heard one of the other girls say it. I knew that it would happen some day, but I have enjoyed that her response to any question is "yeah". I am glad I at least got this far.

All growing up my family would put up the pictures of the apostles the week before Conference. Adam and I have started this tradition in our family, and I love it! I get so excited to put up the pictures and to review the apostles lives. They are amazing men! I am grateful for my parents and helping me have a testimony that these men are called of God. We were able to watch conference in our home, and Alina did pretty well with it all. I was able to take notes on most of the speakers. We missed watching conference with family and attending the Bangerter Conference recap, but it was a great weekend!

Alina was holding on by herself! She is a big girl when it comes to the playground. She wants to do what the big kids do.


In between Conference Sessions on Saturday we met a couple of friends at the park for a picnic lunch and Easter egg hunt. That morning Adam had practiced with Alina with finding eggs around the house. Alina loved it, and I was excited to watch her that afternoon to run around finding eggs. It was fun to watch her, but I do have to say that when she found out the eggs were filled with candy, she wasn't interested in finding more. She just wanted to focus on eating the candy that she had.Last Friday I took Alina to the Zoo. It was fun to go just us two and enjoy a couple of hours together. This is a baby orangutan. It is the cutest thing, and my favorite part of the zoo. It has always been playing with the other Orangutans, but this time it came right up to the glass and wanted to play. Alina and about 4 other toddlers were all at the glass; the orangutan could just sense that it would have a lot of fun with the toddlers if it could just get past the glass.

6 comments:

Jill said...

oh lindsey, she is SUCH a doll! I just love that big smile of hers!

And I have to say...when I think of your house, I have distict memories of the prophet and apostles pictures. Good times!

Aubs said...

Linz I loved the update of Alina & what youguys have been doing. So fun. I can't wait to have you up in a few weeks so I can be around Alina (and you of course) more. She has some great personality.

Jake, Megan, Ryder, Emma and Tessa said...

She is SO CUTE!! I love all the fun things you do with her, you are a great mom!!

Garren, Michelle, Ryker, Trey & Mikylee said...

I can't believe how big she is. Last time we saw her she was just a baby. She is adorable.

Courtney and Robbie Driver said...

She's getting so big! Bobby misses playing with her. Sure miss you guys!

McBrides said...

Lindsey, Aline looks so much like you it's crazy! She is so adorable, and how fun to be continuing the traditions surrounding conference!