Tuesday, July 13, 2010

A Priceless Weekend

4th of July Weekend was a blast and the night of the July 3rd was Priceless. A Neighboring town (Rio Rancho) had fireworks on the 3rd which I was so grateful for.

After a fun BBQ with some friends we headed to a park near the fireworks. Alina loved the park and being outdoors in the evening.

I think I loved being outdoors in the evening as much or more than Alina. Because we put her to bed between 7:30 and 8:00 p.m. I usually don't get to enjoy the wonderful summer evenings. I was in heaven. I love summer evenings!

Alina was adorable to watch that night. We played at the park and then set our blankets out when it got dark. We brought pops and sparklers which Alina had never seen before;Alina loved them. We had popsicles and watched the fireworks.
Watching Alina's face the entire night was priceless. I will never forget that night. She loved everything we did and had a look of pure joy on her face. After seeing one firework in the sky, she turned to me and said with a big smile on her face, "More Mommy." The fireworks were great, but what made it even more fun was the illegal fireworks that the people right by the park were lighting off. They were huge and right over us!
I have to admit, that I was very impressed with the illegal fireworks that people get from the reservations and light off here. They definitely beat the illegal fireworks that come from Wyoming that people light off in Utah. I don't know if it is because in Utah the police can patrol the border and here Albuquerque is surrounded by reservations, but I saw a lot more and bigger illegal fireworks than I have ever seen.

On the 5th we went for a hike in the Sandia Mountains and it was a beautiful hike. I forgot how much I love hiking! We borrowed a hiking backpack, but we need to get one of our own so we can go on more hikes. We are going to the Uintas this weekend with Adam's family and I am so excited to camp and go hiking!

3 comments:

Jill said...

we have some great fireworks up here because of some reservations too...awesome!! It's so fun when little kiddos are mesmerized by simple things, it really makes you appreciate what's around you!

And um, hello...I didn't know you were pregnant, congrats!! for some reason I haven't gotten your last few updates...you look great linds, I hope you are feeling well!

Andrea said...

Sounds like fun. I really wish you were going to the Uintas Next week because we wanted to see you! But have fun. We can't wait to go.

Kristy said...

cute post Linds! Alina is so adorable!