Monday, March 15, 2010

Weekend fun

On Friday we met up with my friend Emily who lived across the street from us growing up. Her family was in town and we met them at the Pros Ranch and Markets. It is a Mexican grocery store that has a place to eat inside. It was quite the experience. We felt like we were in Mexico, not New Mexico and it was great. Adam looked like a little boy; he had a smile on his face the whole time. He is picking up a lot of espanol at work and he loved only using spanish as we ordered our food. It was great to catch up with the Johnson family and see them after a couple of years.

Yes, this is a cow head for sale. They had every part of the cow for sale in the meat department. As Adam was taking this picture the man behind the counter told him there were no pictures allowed, but thankfully he had already snapped this one. I'm glad we saw this after we ate our dinner!

The first weekend in March we went up to Santa Fe with some friends. Adam took us to the Railyards where they have this awesome new park that Heads UP put in the summer we were here for Adam's internship. Adam worked on it a bit so it was fun to see the finished product.

Alina loved walking around the park! Alina has started to kneel down and fold her arms when we have family prayer. She is not doing that in this picture, but this picture reminded me of that. It is so cute!

So while in Santa Fe we went to this great Hamburger place that we had heard about. It is called Bobcat Bite. Adam doesn't want me to talk it up too much so I won't, but you will just have to come visit us and see for yourselves. It is a small place, and only sits about 15 people, but it is known around the country for their burgers.

I would go as far to say that it was the best burger I have ever had. Yes it was that good!

I had to throw this picture in. Alina loves to go out on the balcony and play with the screen. She has just started to put her hands up to her cheeks and I love it!

4 comments:

Tanya said...

I'm for the burger, but not the cows head. That reminds me of what we saw at the market in Isreal...and then would not eat!
Alina is changing so much, she is a toddler and not a baby any more. Thanks for sharing your pic's, miss you.

Aubs said...

I LOVE the last picture of her. So dang cute! Looks like you guys have been having some fun times & enjoying the nice weather...I'm looking forward to it being nicer here. Miss you!

McBrides said...

Alina is so super cute! The picture of her through the screen is adorable! So glad to see that you guys are doing so great! I've been thinking about you lately, but don't have your number ... arrg!

Tara Fears said...

I want to go to that market place...was the food good? Like authentic tasting? Where is it? I'm there! And...Bobcat Bite is calling my name AGAIN! :)