Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Butterflies and Hummingbirds


My favorite thing so far about New Mexico are the Butterflies and Hummingbirds! I have never seen so many hummingbirds in my life! During High School, we had hummingbird nests in two of our trees. I loved seeing them in my yard and sit on their small eggs. Besides that, I don't recall seeing a lot of hummingbirds in Utah. You see them, but not all the time. On the other hand in New Mexico, I see one or two almost everytime I am outside! Today I was reading a book next to the pool (Yes, it was relaxing!), and a hummingbird hovered right in front of me just about a foot away. I loved it! I also have seen beautiful yellow and black Butterflies flying all over. I don't see them as often as the hummingbirds, but they take a close second. They are beautiful; everytime I see them I am reminded of the Creator of this world, our Heavenly Father. I am grateful for butterflies and hummingbirds!!

7 comments:

Kristy said...

Wow, that sounds nice. Also about relaxing at the pool! Don't get too used to it, because after this summer, you won't be doing that while at the pool for quite a few years! (but I wouldn't trade it for the world)

mindy said...

Lindsey..I just wanted to say congratulations on the baby. I seriously think you are going to make the sweetest mom ever. I didn't realize you were in New Mexico but Aubrey said you'll be back the end of summer. Like Kristy said.. enjoy that pool while you can :) It's the absolute best way to cool down when you're pregnant!

Garren, Michelle, Ryker, Trey & Mikylee said...

No one tells us anything...I had no idea that you were pregnant. When are you due? CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Keep us posted on boy or girl and how you are doing. Hope to talk to you soon.

Kristy said...

We went to the cabin this weekend and my parents got a hummingbird feeder! The birds found it within 30 min! Myles and I loved it. When you get home, let's go down! And I love the baby counter. 16 days til your ultrasound!!!!!

Jason and Kimber said...

Hey--just thought I would let you know I have some friends that are moving to New Mexico in August. How long will you be living there? She is also prego.

Mrs. Kingsford said...

Just wanted to let you know that I love the blog! Keep it up! I will have to call you again soon. Thinking about you and love you!

Russ and Suz Adamson said...

Hey fellow old 8th Ward members. Congrats on your pregnancy. You two will truly be such amazing parents.I hope you don't mind that I stopped by your blog. I found you through the Blacks. THat is so exciting that you guys live in N.M.